Saturday, April 19, 2008

The latest adventures in wedding planning

So today Courtney and I went to check out some florist for the wedding. The first stop was a place called Celebrate. Celebrate looked more like a flower studio then a flower shop. Lets just say that we didn't like that place too much. The people were not nice, and as a way to justify their high prices the seemed to complain about all of our idea for a centerpiece. nonetheless we still asked them to create a sample centerpiece for Courtney's mom to review. Celebrate also sells stuff to make invitations, and to our surprise we saw the envelopes that we likes, so I took down the name, so we could research them later.

On the way back home we all agreed that we didn't like their attitude, so we decided to pop into Charmaines, which is a florist near Courtney's mom's house. Now that was a flower shop, it was nice and cozy and they had flowers everywhere. It was almost like being in an enchanted forest. The people were really nice, even though they were swamped getting flowers ready for a wedding. It turns out that they are doing the wedding for the lady's son that we want to do our cake. So we asked them to do a sample centerpiece too. Let the best florist win!

I don't know if anyone received it, but our first newsletter FINALLY went out. The place that we have our wedding website has a newsletter feature, so I had scheduled the first one to go out on March 31st. Well I don't know what happened, but it finally went out on Thursday. So if you did get out we're sorry if you received more than one, we are not trying to SPAM you. If you didn't get it maybe it got stuck in your junk folder or you didn't sign up to receive updates from up. Either way you can see a copy of the newsletter here It was our first attempt, so there is not much there, but there will be more as we get closer to the big day.

In other news last Sunday my mom and I ran in the San Diego Mud run. It was my first time running in a mud run, in fact it was my first time running long distance. It was harder then I expected, but I did better then I expected. It took me 34 minutes 30 seconds to finish. I finished 34 in my age class, and 180 overall. It was a pretty cool experience. Courtney, my sister, and my niece came out to support us. You can check out the photos below.

Well that's about it for this update, make sure you keep checking our wedding website, and this blog for updates



















No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker